HomeStart’s – “Win Your Rent for 1 Year” Promotion
Promoter – J-CORP Pty Ltd trading as HomeStart
Terms & Conditions of Competition
HomeStart’s “Win Your Rent for 1 Year” promotion will enter all registrations received on its website promotions page and completed entry coupons between 9 June 2022 (“Start Date”) to 11.59pm 31 October 2022 (“End Date”) (collectively, “the Promotion Period”) into our renters’ database and 1 winner will be drawn by 4 pm on 7 November 2022 at the HomeStart head office.
This competition is a trade promotion lottery and there is no cost to enter.
The one (1) drawn winner will win a prize of “1 years rent” or $21,320 (twenty one thousand, three hundred and twenty dollars) AUD, which is based on the house rent of $410 per week, as long as they meet all criteria of these terms and conditions.
The “promoters” decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. The name of this competition is the “Win Your Rent for 1 Year”
2. The winner will be selected at random from a barrel at the HomeStart head office, level 7, 67 Walters Drive Osborne Park, 6017.
3. The promoter of the Competition is J-Corp Pty Ltd trading as HomeStart
4. 4. The Competition commences at 12.01am 9 June 2022 (“Commencing Date”) and closes at 11.59pm on 31 October 2022
5. For the purposes of the Competition, an “Entry” is effected by ONLY the
(a) by completing the “Win Your Rent” registration form on the HomeStart website at homestart.net.au OR on Facebook OR Instagram OR another recognised third party website OR by entering a coupon at a HomeStart shopping centre kiosk and placing in the entry barrel or posting it to HomeStart within the Competition period; AND
(b) by only submitting 1 entry per person.
6. For the purposes of the Competition each Entrant, must:
(a) be over the age of eighteen years;
(b) be able to prove they are currently renting, living with parents or in another situation that does not include owning a home of their own;
(c) be an Australian permanent resident or citizen OR a New Zealand citizen;
(d) live in Western Australia; AND
(e) not be otherwise excluded from the Competition by reason of the terms of paragraph 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
7. Entry is not open to:
(a) Persons who qualify as employees of HomeStart, and their immediate families;
(b) Persons who qualify as employees of 6PR, Nova 93.7, 92.9, 94.5, RTRFM 92.1 or 96FM radio stations, and their immediate families;
(c) Any Person who may have worked on any aspects of this Competition on behalf of HomeStart and their immediate families, or any third party.
8. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late entries or incomplete
9. If there is any doubt or dispute as to whether or not a person is an
Entrant pursuant to clause 6, or is excluded by clause 7, the decision of
The promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered
10. The drawn winning entry will be scrutinised by the Promoter after
the drawing of the winner and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude
from the Competition, any entry the Promoter considers does not meet the
requirements of these Terms and Conditions. The decision of the Promoter
is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Should the drawn winner not meet the Competition criteria
outlined in these terms and conditions then another entry will be selected
until a winner that meets all criteria outlined in these terms and conditions
12. The prize winner must provide suitable identification to the Promoters’
satisfaction to be entitled to claim any prize.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to
disqualify any entrant whom they feel may have manipulated the entry
process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the
Conditions of Entry.
14. Entrants Information
(a) By entering the Competition you give HomeStart consent to use your personal information for further purposes and promotions unless you say otherwise.
(b) All entries become the property of HomeStart.
(c) All entries will be entered into a database and the entrants’ names and addresses may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes by HomeStart. HomeStart collects your personal information (PI) to contact you in relation to requests for further information.
(d) HomeStart may, unless you advise otherwise, use the PI for future promotional and marketing activities. To be removed from its marketing database, please contact HomeStart via email at [email protected] or write to Privacy Officer at HomeStart Level 7, 67 Walters Drive, Osborne Park, 6017.
15. If an entrant chooses to accept a prize, the Promoter reserves the right
to use the entrant’s name and photograph for marketing and publicity
(a) The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is caused or attributed (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking or using any prize awarded, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
(b) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and without notice.
17. Should the Promoter cancel the Competition the Promoter will:
(a) advertise that the Competition has been cancelled by placing a notice on the HomeStart website www.homestart.net.au;
(b) promptly destroy all entries received; and
(c) the personal information you have provided on the entry form will not be used in any manner whatsoever.
18. Date and Place of Draw: The winner will be drawn by 4 pm on 7 November 2022 at the HomeStart head office, level 7, 67 Walters Drive, Osborne Park, 6017.
19. Any decision the Promoter makes with regards to the Competition
is final, binding and no correspondence will be entered in to.
20. HomeStart reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions associated with the Competition if considered necessary, without notice.
21. Entry into this Competition is acceptance of these terms and conditions.