HomeStart’s – “5k for 5 Lucky Renters” promotion
Promoter – J-CORP Pty Ltd trading as HomeStart
Terms & Conditions of Competition
HomeStart’s “5k for 5 Lucky Renters” promotion will enter all registrations received on its website promotions page between 1 February 2020 (“Start Date”) to midnight 29 February 2020 (“End Date”) (collectively, “the Promotion Period”) into our renters database and 5 winners will be selected at HomeStart’s discretion by 7 March 2020 at the HomeStart head office, level 1, 6 Bennett Street, East Perth, WA 6004. The winners will be selected based on their answer to the ‘skill question’ at HomeStart’s discretion.
The five (5) selected winners will each win a prize of $5,000 (five thousand dollars) AUD, as long as they meet all criteria of these terms and conditions.
This is a competition of skill and there is no cost to enter.
The “promoters” decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
1. The name of this competition is the “$5k for 5 Lucky Renters”
2. The winner will be selected based on the best answer provided as decided by the management team at the HomeStart head office, level 1, 6 Bennett Street, East Perth, WA 6004, in its sole discretion.
3. The promoter of the Competition is J-Corp Pty Ltd trading as HomeStart
4. The Competition commences at 12.01am 1 February 2020 (“Commencing Date”) and closes at 11.59pm on 29 February 2020 (“Closing Date”).
5. For the purposes of the Competition, an “Entry” is effected by ONLY the
(a) by completing the “$5k for 5 Lucky Renters” registration form on the HomeStart website at homestart.net.au;
(b) OR submitting an entry coupon at a shopping centre AND
(c) by only submitting 1 entry per person.
6. For the purposes of the Competition each Entrant, must:
(a) be over the age of eighteen years;
(b) be able to prove they are currently renting, living with parents or in another situation that does not include owning a home of their own;
(c) be an Australian permanent resident or citizen OR a New Zealand citizen;
(d) currently live in Western Australia; AND
(e) not be otherwise excluded from the Competition by reason of the terms of paragraph 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
7. Entry is not open to:
(a) Persons who qualify as employees of HomeStart, and their immediate families;
(b) Persons who qualify as employees of RTRFM, 6PR, 92.9, 94.5, Nova 93.7 or 96FM radio stations, and their immediate families;
(c) Any Person who may have worked on any aspects of this promotion on behalf of HomeStart or any third party and their immediate families.
8. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late entries or incomplete
9. If there is any doubt or dispute as to whether or not a person is an
Entrant pursuant to clause 6, or is excluded by clause 7, the decision of the
Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered
into. If the selected winner does not respond within three (3) days of contact a new winner will be selected.
10. The selected winning entries will be scrutinised by the Promoter after
the selection of the winners, and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude
from the Competition any entry the Promoter considers does not meet the
requirements of these Terms and Conditions. The decision of the Promoter
is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Should any of the selected winners not meet the Competition criteria
outlined in these terms and conditions then another entry will be selected
until a winner that meets all criteria outlined in these terms and conditions
12.The prize winners must provide suitable identification to the Promoters’
satisfaction to be entitled to claim any prize.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to
disqualify any entrant whom they feel may have manipulated the entry
process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the
Conditions of Entry.
14. Entrants Information
(a) By entering the promotion you give HomeStart consent to use your personal information for further purposes and promotions unless you say otherwise.
(b) All entries become the property of HomeStart.
(c) All entries will be entered into a database and the entrants’ names and addresses may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes by HomeStart. HomeStart collects your personal information (PI) to contact you in relation to requests for further information.
(d) HomeStart may, unless you advise otherwise, use the PI for future promotional and marketing activities. To be removed from its marketing database, please contact HomeStart via email at email@example.com or write to Privacy Officer at HomeStart Level 1, 6 Bennett Street, East Perth, WA, 6004.
15. If an entrant chooses to accept a prize, the Promoter reserves the right
to use the entrant’s name and photograph for marketing and publicity
(a) The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is caused or attributed (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking or using any prize awarded, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
(b) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and without notice.
(c) Entrants are encouraged to seek independent financial advice regarding any implications of accepting the prize.
17. Should the Promoter cancel the Competition the Promoter will:
(a) advertise that the Competition has been cancelled by placing a notice on the HomeStart website www.homestart.net.au;
(b) promptly destroy all entries received; and
(c) the personal information you have provided on the entry form will not be used in any manner whatsoever.
18. Date and Place of Selection
The final winners will be selected by 7 March 2020 at the HomeStart head office, level 1, 6 Bennett Street, East Perth, WA 6004. No final decision will be reached until the Promotion period has ended.
19. Any decision the “promoter” makes with regards to this Competition
is final, binding and no correspondence will be entered in to.
20. HomeStart reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions associated with this Competition if considered necessary, without notice.
21. Entry into this Promotion is acceptance of these terms and conditions.