HomeStart’s – “$5k for 5 Lucky Renters” promotion – December 2021 to January 2022
Promoter – J-CORP Pty Ltd trading as HomeStart
Terms & Conditions of Competition
HomeStart’s “$5k for 5 Lucky Renters” promotion will enter all registrations received on its website promotions page between 12:01am 18th December 2021 (“Start Date”) to 11.59pm 31st January 2022 (“End Date”) (collectively, “the Promotion Period”) into our ‘renter’ database and 5 winners will be selected at HomeStart’s discretion by 10 January 2022 at the HomeStart head office, level 7, 67 Walter Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017. The winners will be selected based on their answer to the ‘skill question’ at HomeStart’s discretion.
The five (5) selected winners will each win a prize of $5,000 (five thousand dollars) AUD, as long as they meet all criteria of these terms and conditions.
This is a competition of skill and there is no cost to enter.
The “promoters” decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. The name of this competition is the “$5k for 5 Lucky Renters” promotion (“Competition”).
2. The winner will be selected based on the best answer provided as decided by the management team at the HomeStart head office, level 7, 67 Walter Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017, in its sole discretion.
3. The promoter of the Competition is J-Corp Pty Ltd trading as HomeStart (“Promoter”)
4. The Competition commences at 12.01am 18th December 2021 (“Commencing Date”) and closes at 11.59pm on 31st January 2022 (“Closing Date”).
5. For the purposes of the Competition, an “Entry” is affected by ONLY the following:
(a) by completing the “$5k for 5 Lucky Renters” registration form on the HomeStart website at homestart.net.au or via social media;
(b) OR submitting an entry coupon at a shopping centre
(c) OR submitting an entry on one of our media partner websites including Realestate.com, Nova, Domain, 96FM etc
(d) AND by only submitting 1 entry per person.
6. For the purposes of the Competition each Entrant, must:
(a) be over the age of eighteen years;
(b) be able to prove they are currently renting, living with parents or in another situation that does not include owning a home of their own;
(c) be an Australian permanent resident or citizen OR a New Zealand citizen;
(d) currently live in Western Australia; AND
(e) not be otherwise excluded from the Competition by reason of the terms of paragraph 7 of these Terms and Conditions.
7. Entry is not open to:
(a) Persons who qualify as employees of HomeStart, and their immediate families;
(b) Persons who qualify as employees of RTRFM, 6PR, 92.9, 94.5, Nova 93.7 or 96FM radio stations, and their immediate families;
(c) Any Person who may have worked on any aspects of this promotion on behalf of HomeStart or any third party and their immediate families.
8. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late entries or incomplete entry forms.
9. If there is any doubt or dispute as to whether or not a person is an Entrant pursuant to clause 6, or is excluded by clause 7, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. If the selected winner does not respond within three (3) days of contact a new winner will be selected.
10. The selected winning entries will be scrutinised by the Promoter after the selection of the winners and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude from the Competition, any entry the Promoter considers does not meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Should any of the selected winners not meet the Competition criteria outlined in these terms and conditions then another entry will be selected until a winner that meets all criteria outlined in these terms and conditions is selected.
12. The prize winners must provide suitable identification to the Promoters’ satisfaction to be entitled to claim any prize.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant whom they feel may have manipulated the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the Conditions of Entry.
14. Entrants Information:
(a) By entering the promotion you give HomeStart consent to use your personal information for further purposes and promotions unless you say otherwise.
(b) All entries become the property of HomeStart.
(c) All entries will be entered into a database and the entrants’ names and addresses may be used for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes by HomeStart. HomeStart collects your personal information (PI) to contact you in relation to requests for further information.
(d) HomeStart may, unless you advise otherwise, use the PI for future promotional and marketing activities. To be removed from its marketing database, please contact HomeStart via email at [email protected] or write to Privacy Officer at HomeStart level 7, 67 Walter Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017.
15. If an entrant chooses to accept a prize, the Promoter reserves the right to use the entrant’s name and photograph for marketing and publicity purposes.
(a) The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is caused or attributed (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking or using any prize awarded, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
(b) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and without notice.
(c) Entrants are encouraged to seek independent financial advice regarding any implications of accepting the prize.
17. Should the Promoter cancel the Competition the Promoter will:
(a) advertise that the Competition has been cancelled by placing a notice on the HomeStart website www.homestart.net.au;
(b) promptly destroy all entries received, and
(c) the personal information you have provided on the entry form will not be used in any manner whatsoever.
18. Date and Place of Selection: The final winners will be selected by 10 January 2022 at the HomeStart head office, level 7, 67 Walter Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017. No final decision will be reached until the Promotion period has ended.
19. Any decision the “promoter” makes with regards to this Competition is final, binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. HomeStart reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions associated with this Competition if considered necessary, without notice.
21. Entry into this Promotion is acceptance of these terms and conditions. BC 6415